Cooking Equipment Quality Products
Cooking Equipment: STEAMERS, COMBINATION OVENS, PROOFERS, DECK & RACK OVENS
Most water-fed cooking equipment uses steam for cooking, proofing, or also glazing food products. All have one thing in common, they evaporate water by heating it to produce steam and this process leads to mineral scale formation.
Poor water quality may cause the following:
- MINERAL SCALE BUILD UP ON HEAT TRANSFER SURFACES FROM HARD WATER.
- MINERAL SCALE BUILD UP ON LEVEL SENSING PROBES.
- CHLORINE/CHLORAMINE INDUCED CORROSION IN BOILER AND ALSO THE COOKING CAVITY.
- CHLORIDE INDUCED CORROSION IN COOKING CAVITY ALL LEADING TO COSTLY EQUIPMENT REPAIRS AND ALSO REDUCED EQUIPMENT LIFE.
We consider many factors when choosing water filtration and also treatment for steam equipment. We take into account water quality, equipment design, and intended usage. This must be known so we can correctly apply proper water filtration and also treatment.
Evaporation – Where do the minerals go?
Heating and also evaporated water dissolves minerals. When this happens they must go somewhere. In boiler-based equipment, the dissolved minerals stay behind in the boiler. As steam is produced, the mineral content in the boiler increases along with mineral scale formation. In flash steam / boiler-less applications, the dissolved minerals will either immediately precipitate out of solution as tiny particles or remain in solution in the water vapor, steam or also condensate thus coming in contact with the stainless steel cooking cavity and its components often leading to corrosion.
Boiler Based Solutions
CookSpec™ Water Treatment Systems for use in boiler-based systems rely on the proven HydroBlend™ technology.
HydroBlend controls mineral scale deposits by:
- SEQUESTERING SCALE-CAUSING MINERALS KEEPING THEM IN SOLUTION.
- CHANGING THE SHAPE OF THE PRECIPITATED SCALE-CAUSING MINERAL SO IT THEREFORE DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO BUILD UPON ITSELF.
- SOFTENING EXISTING SCALE ALLOWING IT TO BE FLUSHED FROM THE SYSTEM.
CookSpec™ water treatment systems also provide chlorine removal for the prevention of chlorine-induced corrosion in the boiler.
Therefore Call us to learn more about your Cooking Equipment options today. Our expert and also highly qualified team is ready to serve you.
Expert Restaurant Equipment Repair Atlanta
Learn more about other services from CKI Service Group:
- Commercial HVAC
- Restaurant Equipment Service & Installation
- Ice Machine Repairs & Service
- Planned Maintenance
- Water Filtration
- Draft Beer Services