Cooking Equipment Quality Products
STEAMERS, COMBINATION OVENS, PROOFERS, DECK & RACK OVENS
Most water-fed cooking equipment uses steam for cooking, proofing, or glazing food products. All have one thing in common, they evaporate water by heating it to produce steam and this process lead to mineral scale formation.
Poor water quality may cause the following:
• MINERAL SCALE BUILD UP ON HEAT TRANSFER SURFACES FROM HARD WATER.
• MINERAL SCALE BUILD UP ON LEVEL SENSING PROBES.
• CHLORINE/CHLORAMINE INDUCED CORROSION IN BOILER / COOKING CAVITY.
• CHLORIDE INDUCED CORROSION IN COOKING CAVITY ALL LEADING TO COSTLY EQUIPMENT REPAIRS AND REDUCED EQUIPMENT LIFE.
Many factors must be considered when choosing water filtration/treatment for steam equipment. Water quality, equipment design, and intended usage must be known to correctly apply proper water filtration/treatment.
Evaporation – Where do the minerals go?
When water is heated and evaporated, the dissolved minerals must go somewhere. In boiler-based equipment, the dissolved minerals stay behind in the boiler. As steam is produced, the mineral content in the boiler increases along with mineral scale formation. In flash steam / boiler-less applications, the dissolved minerals will either immediately precipitate out of solution as tiny particles or remain in solution in the water vapor, steam or condensate thus coming in contact with the stainless steel cooking cavity and its components often leading to corrosion.
Boiler Based Solutions
CookSpec™ Water Treatment Systems for use in boiler-based systems rely on the proven HydroBlend™ technology.
HydroBlend controls mineral scale deposits by:
• SEQUESTERING SCALE-CAUSING MINERALS KEEPING THEM IN SOLUTION.
• CHANGING THE SHAPE OF THE PRECIPITATED SCALE-CAUSING MINERAL SO IT DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO BUILD UPON ITSELF.
• SOFTENING EXISTING SCALE ALLOWING IT TO BE FLUSHED FROM THE SYSTEM.
CookSpec™ water treatment systems also provide chlorine removal for the prevention of chlorine induced corrosion in the boiler.
Call us to learn more about your Cooking Equipment options today.