Flash Steam Solutions
Many recent combination oven designs use flash steam technologies Flash steam is the process where water is sprayed or introduced in small amounts to hot environments instantly flashing or converting the water to steam. This design eliminates the need for a boiler.
The main drawback to this design is that the dissolved minerals are in direct contact with the stainless steel components which is a cause for concern due to mineral scale deposits and corrosion potential.
Although the mineral scale is a concern in flash steam equipment, these deposits are accessible for removal during cleaning cycles, either automatic cleaning during hours of use or at the end of the day when the equipment is cycled off.
Of more concern is the corrosion potential from chlorine, chloramine, and chlorides found in many water supplies. Although filtration exists that will remove, chlorine and chloramine, there is only one viable technology for use in foodservice applications that will address both chlorine and chlorides – Reverse Osmosis.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is the process by which most if not all dissolved minerals are removed from the water by filtering it through special membranes designed to reject most water impurities. CookSpec RO systems are specifically designed to meet the needs of the boiler and boiler-less cooking equipment where both mineral scale deposits and equipment corrosion are a concern.
CookSpec™ RO Systems greatly reduces:
• MINERALS THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MINERAL SCALE DEPOSITS (CALCIUM & MAGNESIUM)
• CHLORINE AND CHLORAMINE RESPONSIBLE FOR CORROSION OF WETTED STAINLESS COMPONENTS.
• CHLORIDE WHICH ALSO CAUSES PITTING AND CORROSION IN WETTED STAINLESS COMPONENTS.
CookSpec™ RO Systems Features:
• CLEAN CABINET DESIGN EITHER WALL MOUNTED OR STAND ALONE WITH “PLUG AND PLAY” BULKHEAD CONNECTIONS.
• SMALL SPACE REQUIREMENTS FACILITATING PLACEMENT AND INSTALLATION.
• NON-ELECTRIC OPERATION ALLOWING FOR MORE FLEXIBILITY.
• INTEGRATED TDS METER FOR SYSTEM PERFORMANCE CHECKS.
• HIGH VOLUME OF WATER PRODUCTION.
• INTEGRATED STORAGE TANK (RO-175NE)
• INTERNAL TDS BLEED VALVE (RO-250/450NE)
• INTERNAL BYPASS SYSTEM (RO-250/450NE)
• QUICK DISCONNECT CARTRIDGES FOR EASE OF MAINTENANCE.
Contact us to learn more today.